Class Size – 6 students
Length – 4 days
CE – 36 hours
Location – Arizona
Implants students will place on their own – 10 plus
Extractions and grafts that students will perform on their own – 10 plus
THE MOST INTENSE IMPLANT TRAINING COURSE IN THE COUNTRY.
COMPANY MOTTO: INTENSITY BREEDS GREATNESS!!!
- DESIGNED TO BE CHALLENGING AND PACKED WITH SURGERIES, IN ORDER TO GIVE THE DOCTORS THE EXPERIENCE AND CONFIDENCE THAT IS NEEDED TO PLACE IMPLANTS ON THEIR OWN WITH SKILL AND EASE BY THEMSELVES.
- Designed to give the dentist the full background and knowledge to place dental implants from diagnosis to sizing, to placement protocols for all types of placement
- Designed to give the doctors a solid foundation to adjust to the changing environment that can happen in surgery.
- Designed for the general dentist that has absolutely NO IMPLANT EXPERIENCE !!!!
- Designed to give the dentist the live patient experiences to be confident when they return to their practices.
- Designed to teach techniques for implant placement and restorative dentistry.
Each doctor will do the following on live patients on their own during the class:
- Immediate placements
- Fresh placements
- Implant Sinus Bumps
- Multiple Extractions using the ACTEON Piezo for non – traumatic extractions
- All tradition bone grafting techniques needed in the placement of implants or with a basic extraction site. (socket preservation)
- Advanced Bone Grafting Technique using STEM CELLS – SI Force/SI Power Stem Cell System
- Take and interpret a CT scan pre opt and post opt using ACTEON Cone Beam
In general, on what to expect when coming to this course, a dentist will be trained and supported by a group of like-minded practitioners. This course has a climate of escalation as each day progresses. The first day, the students are learning the tools necessary for placement and techniques for grafting. That same day, all the students will be grouped for their first couple of surgeries with a faculty member and be involved in every step of the surgery using the skills that they were just taught. Students will be making the decisions on the protocol used during these cases.
During the second day, a doctor would expect a morning lecture finishing up immediate placement protocols and drilling session live on sizes of implants, drill sizes, drill length marks, apical measurements of implants, protocols and diagnosis demonstration. That afternoon, the students will be grouped in a pair of two as a team, to work on their own patients and placing their very own first implant. Each student on this day will receive at least two implants each.
During the third day, a doctor would expect in the morning a 3-hour block of oral surgery and CT training. Each student for three hours will be pulling teeth and grafting (using three different grafting techniques). During that 3 hour block, a one on one hour will be spent privately with a cone-beam trainer from ACTEON to train them on the use of the CT. In the afternoon, the class will be broken up into two groups. The first group will be placing fresh placements on patients and the second group will be doing immediate placements with extractions. After a couple of hours, the groups will switch. By the end of this day, a typical student will have a minimum of four implants each for this day of the course.
During the fourth and final day, the intensity will rise to another level. Each student will receive a very large case that they will have to complete on their own. Most cases will involve 8 or more extractions, grafts, 4-6 implant placements with an immediate denture adjusted and placed in the patient’s mouth.
All students will get to experience working on a sedation patient on a case with one of the faculty members that we like to call the SPEED CASE. This case in the afternoon is designed to increase the speed and confidence of each and every doctor. Each student will rotate through the last case and have to place an immediate implant in less than 5 minutes in front of the faculty member in charge of the surgery.
By the end of this last day, our students are excited and tired. The intensity and experience by this time have reached a climactic point whereby the end the students feel confident and satisfied. Our method and reasoning for this type of training are we believe the biggest way for a dentist to learn is to be put under the most intense training that we can provide. Providing a course with this level of training will make the doctors when they get home comfortable and confident in the placements that they will have to do on their own in their private practices.